Are your teeth keeping you awake at night?
Pain is never a good sign when it comes to teeth. Persistent pain from a single tooth is usually an indication that you need root canal treatment. At The Dentist, we use the latest techniques and tools to ensure you’re pain-free in the blink of an eye!
Fissure sealants are a thin, protective coating (white or clear composite resin, similar to a white tooth filling) that adheres to the chewing surface of your back teeth. They’re no substitute for brushing and flossing, but they can keep cavities from forming and may even stop early stages of decay from becoming a full-blown cavity.
In fact, sealants have been shown to reduce the risk of decay by nearly 80% in molars. This is especially important when it comes to your child’s dental health. In October 2016, the Centers for Disease Control (2) released a report on the importance of sealants.
What is a root canal treatment?
During root canal treatment we clean the inside of a tooth and its roots, mechanically and chemically. Once this is done, the roots and the visible part of the tooth (the crown) are filled with resin and rubber filling and ultimately covered with a long-term ceramic or gold restoration or a crown.
How many visits do I need
for root canal treatment?
Root canal treatment can take up to 3 visits to complete but may take more or fewer visits depending on the problem. Once the root canal treatment is completed a permanent filling is required on top to protect the tooth.
Occasionally, we may recommend specialist Endodontist care for teeth that may be more complex to treat. A painful tooth may require re-treatment or surgery by an Endodontist (root canal specialist). If all else fails the tooth may require removal, as a last resort.
Why Choose Us
There are of course lots of reasons you should choose to book an appointment
with The Dentist at 70 Pitt Street, but we’ve narrowed it down:
- We offer numbing gel when you get your teeth cleaned.
- We send you a calendar invite so your appointments are in your Work Diary. As well as a reminder the day before.
- You can choose the flavour of polish and fluoride, not everyone loves mint.
- You can listen to your podcast or tunes when you’re having treatment.
- We have appointments before 9 am and after 5 pm as well as on Saturdays to suit you.
- We’re one of the only dental practices in Sydney with a full time in-house dental hygienist dedicated to the prevention of tooth and gum disease.
- We aim to be the greenest dentist in Sydney and we have a strong sense of community.
- We have a range of payment options including HICAPS & payment plans.
- You get to take home a new soft toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste at each of your preventative visits.