Dental Sedation has a few names: sleep dentistry, twilight treatment, IV sedation, and intravenous sedation. Dental sedation differs from General anesthetics in hospitals.
Intravenous sedation makes lengthy or complex dental treatment more comfortable and easy for you. It can also help to relieve anxiety, stress, discomfort, memory, and awareness of the procedure. Most likely you will enjoy a relaxing sleep whilst you maintain your ability to breathe for yourself, maintain your own reflexes and the ability to respond to us if required. You will still receive a local anesthetic after you are sedated for the procedure. All your vital signs will be closely monitored by a fully qualified Sedationist, Dr. Yvonne Chow, with the help of monitoring equipment. Following the procedure, you will be given an appropriate recovery time in which you will be closely monitored as well. Written post-operative instructions will be given and explained to your carer for optimal recovery.
We are equipped for intravenous sedation treatments, however, as with any anesthetic procedure, it is not without risk. Dr. Yvonne Chow does a full assessment with you before the day of treatment.
Why Choose Us
There are of course lots of reasons you should choose to book an appointment
with The Dentist at 70 Pitt Street, but we’ve narrowed it down:
- We offer numbing gel when you get your teeth cleaned.
- We send you a calendar invite so your appointments are in your Work Diary. As well as a reminder the day before.
- You can choose the flavour of polish and fluoride, not everyone loves mint.
- You can listen to your podcast or tunes when you’re having treatment.
- We have appointments before 9 am and after 5 pm as well as on Saturdays to suit you.
- We’re one of the only dental practices in Sydney with a full time in-house dental hygienist dedicated to the prevention of tooth and gum disease.
- We aim to be the greenest dentist in Sydney and we have a strong sense of community.
- We have a range of payment options including HICAPS & payment plans.
- You get to take home a new soft toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste at each of your preventative visits.